Why Texas retirees love Caldwell, NJ
Many Texas seniors choose New Jersey as their place of retirement. New Jersey has many places suitable for seniors where they can spend their golden years. But out of all the cities in New Jersey, Caldwell stands out as one of the best places for Texas seniors. Movers Arlington TX will tell you why Texas retirees love Caldwell, NJ.
Why Texans retire in New Jersey
Before we get into why seniors from Texas adore Caldwell, let’s see why you should retire in New Jersey.
- As a retiree, your main goal is to relax, and you can do that easily in New Jersey because of the low crime rate. The crime statistic in Texas shows that violent crime and property crime are above average, while in Jersey, they are below average. So if you want to live in a safe environment, let vanexpressnj.com move you to NJ or rely on other experts in the area.
- The second reason to retire in New Jersey is the weather, which is more comfortable in Texas. In addition, there are four distinct seasons in New Jersey, while in Texas, there is no winter. Because there are four seasons, Jersey is more beautiful than the Lone Star state, and there are more winter activities.
- Finally, as you age, your health becomes worse, and you need to have access to affordable health facilities. Healthcare in New Jersey is 7% cheaper than in Texas. In addition, New Jersey health facilities are one of the best in the country.
General facts about Caldwell, New Jersey
Caldwell is a small township in Essex County where about 7,500 people live. The township is somewhat diverse, with about 80% of the population being white, about 6% Asian, 10% Hispanic white, and other minorities.
The biggest thing you will have to get used to when you move to Caldwell is the cost of living. Caldwell is very costly – it is 50% more expensive than Texas. The most expensive things in Caldwell are transportation and housing. And health is the most affordable thing in Caldwell, it is 10% below the national cost of health. The median home cost in Caldwell is 549,500-dollars which is higher than the average in New Jersey and Texas. So if you were thinking about buying a retirement home in Caldwell, get ready for some downsizing. But retirees usually do not need a lot of space unless you plan to bring your children and grandchildren over.
Texas retirees love Caldwell because it is safe
The most crucial thing about living in a new place is that you can walk the streets safely. If you move to Caldwell, you will not have to worry about safety. As we said, Jersey has a low crime rate, but it is nothing compared to Caldwell. Here are the crime statistics about Caldwell.
- Among the reasons why Texas retirees love Caldwell, NJ is the fact that the violent crime is 10.1, while the average in America is 22.7.
- If you are planning to buy a home in Caldwell, you will not have to worry about break-ins because property crime is 15.8. And property crime in America is 35.4 making Caldwell two times safer. Furthermore, to live in a safe community, learn how to buy a home out of state before coming to Caldwell.
So if you want to walk the crime-free streets of Caldwell, team up with nearby experts who will help you move into your new home. They provide senior moving assistance to make your relocation from Texas to Caldwell more comfortable.
The reason why Texas retirees love Caldwell, NJ lies in its peacefulness
When you get older, the thing you want in life change. When you were younger, you wanted to live somewhere where a lot was happening all the time. But today, you want to get away from the excitement and spend your time relaxing in a quiet place. Well, there is no better place for relaxation than Caldwell. With a small population of about 7,800, you can be sure that there will not be many people interrupting your afternoon nap. In addition, because Caldwell is such a small township, you will meet people easily and get accepted into the community fast.
There are plenty of retirees in Caldwell
Another reason Texans choose to retire in Caldwell is that you will have company. As you get older, you want to be in the company of people around the same age as you. They are going through the same experiences and will be comfortable talking to you. You will be happy to find out that there are many people older than 65 living in Caldwell. To be precise, about 18% of the township’s population is 65 and over. We have already said that you will have no problems meeting people in Caldwell. But now you know that you can meet people around the same age as you.
Texas retirees love Caldwell because of its location
Texans decide to retire to Caldwell because of the location. Caldwell will provide you with peace, but the location will provide with you excitement. If you ever want to change p your daily routine, there are two options.
- The first option is Newark which you can reach by car in 20-minutes via I-280 E. In Newark, you can find plenty of activities that you do not have in Caldwell.
- The second option is New York which you can reach in 35-minutes using the same road to get to Newark. In New York City, you can find activities like nowhere else. From the restaurant serving delicious foods to the best art exhibits in the state, the Big Apple has it all. You can make visiting NYC a monthly thing.
Come to Caldwell
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why Texas retirees love Caldwell, NJ. Come to this small township in New Jersey and get the quiet community-oriented town with the excitement of a big city when you feel like it.